For everything in this world, there is a start point. By the way here it is for me to a new world of light. Thanks to 'Johann Zahn' who seeded for this world long ago in 1685. I am a recreational amateur trying to grasp the concepts behind lenses, Excuse me !!
Friday, October 05, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Sunday, May 06, 2007
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Friday, April 13, 2007
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Monday, April 02, 2007
Monday, February 26, 2007
Friday, February 23, 2007
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Monday, February 12, 2007
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Monday, January 29, 2007
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Friday, January 19, 2007
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
The mighty Twelve Apostles are world-recognised icons of the Great Ocean Road. These giant rock stacks soar from the swirling waters of the Southern Ocean and are a central feature of the spectacular Port Campbell National Park. The dramatic and imposing limestone cliffs that are the backdrop to the Apostles tower up to 70 metres, while the tallest of the rock stacks is around 45 metres high.
The Apostles had their beginnings up to 20 million years ago with the forces of nature attacking the soft limestone of the Port Campbell cliffs. The limestone was created through the build up of skeletons of marine creatures on the sea floor. As the sea retreated, the limestone was exposed. The relentess, stormy Southern Ocean and blasting winds gradually eroded the softer limestone, forming caves in the cliffs. The caves eventually became arches and when they collapsed, rock islands up to 45 metres high were left isolated from the shore.
This has created the Twelve Apostles and a host of other stunning natural features along this truly remarkable stretch of coastline. Among them are Pudding Basin Rock, Island Arch, the Razorback, Muttonbird Island, Thunder Cave, the Blowhole, Bakers Oven, London Bridge and the Grotto.
Extenisve boardwalks and viewing platforms ensure visitors experience sweeping, awe-inspiring vistas. While anytime of day provides great views, sunrise and sunset are particularly impressive for the blazing hues created.
Aperture: f/10 - Exposure: 1/250 secs - ISO: 100 - @ 18 mm
Monday, January 15, 2007
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Three Sisters at Blue Mountains.
Aperture: f/36 - Exposure: 1/8 secs - ISO: 100 - @ 55 mm
The Aboriginal dream-time legend has it that three sisters, 'Meehni', 'Wimlah' and Gunnedoo' lived in the Jamison Valley as members of the Katoomba tribe.
These beautiful young ladies had fallen in love with three brothers from the Nepean tribe, yet tribal law forbade them to marry.
The brothers were not happy to accept this law and so decided to use force to capture the three sisters causing a major tribal battle.
As the lives of the three sisters were seriously in danger, a witchdoctor from the Katoomba tribe took it upon himself to turn the three sisters into stone to protect them from any harm. While he had intended to reverse the spell when the battle was over, the witchdoctor himself was killed. As only he could reverse the spell to return the ladies to their former beauty, the sisters remain in their magnificent rock formation as a reminder of this battle for generations to come.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
- ► October (2)
- ► September (2)
- ► May (2)
- bond... Exif Details: Aperture: f/5.6 - Expos...
- Rang de Basanti.... Exif Details: Aperture: f...
- standing on the so called "Roof of Australia".....
- point of merge... Exif Details: Aperture: f/4...
- Isn't she pretty ? Exif Details: Aperture: f/...
- Holi is fun and there is no desi, videsi... Ex...
- vanthutom la... Exif Details: Aperture: f/5.6 ...
- இளைய நிலா பொழிகிறதே, இதயம் வரை நனைகிறதே... Exi...
- இதயம் பறவை போல் ஆகுமா, பறந்தால் வானமே போதுமா ? ...
- Great Ocean Road - Twelve Apostles - Melbourne ...
- Aussie mate... Exif Details: Aperture: f/5.6 -...
- break your shackles ladies... Exif Details: Ap...
- Giant wheel always amused me, even this time it...
- suggest a title... Exif Details: Aperture: f/5...
- Behind the screen... Epadi iruntha naan ipadi...
- Butham Saranam Kachaami... Exif Details: Ape...
- Reflection & Refraction... Exif Details: Ape...
- Flow low... Exif Details: Aperture: f/32 - Ex...
- He is my friend ... Exif Details: Aperture: f...
- Apostles... The mighty Twelve Apostles are ...
- Beginning... Exif Details: Aperture: f/5.6 - ...
- என்ன விலை அழகே... 12 Apostles @ Port Campbel...
- Three Sisters at Blue Mountains. Exif Detail...
- Limestone + Water + 400 million years = Natur...
- Two is company... Exif Details: Aperture: f...
- Wish You All A Very Happy New Year shot at S...